Petersburg Commercial Property Management
We pride ourselves on being Petersburg’s premier locally owned property management firm. Founded in 2007, we have built the systems and network to ensure that your real estate investments yield the highest rate of return possible. We specialize in the leasing and management of Mixed Use, Retail, Office, Flex and Large Multi-Family spaces. Dodson Commercial covers the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, Goochland and King William. Contact us today for a complimentary Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) and our estimate of a realistic market rate.
For more information about Dodson Commercial, and our property management services, please fill out the form to the right.
How Our Petersburg Commercial Property Managers Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on our Commercial Property Management services please review the FAQs below.
A: Our fee structure is typically broken down into three fees: a leasing fee, a management fee and a renewal fee.
Our leasing fee includes:
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
Q: In what areas do you manage properties?
A: We currently manage commercial and residential properties in the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, Goochland and King William.
Q: How do you advertise properties for rent?
A: We use a combination of paid and free sites, including:
Q: How much do you charge to lease and manage a property?
A: Our pricing structure varies depending on the following factors:
- Age & condition of building (expected maintenance issues)
- Distance (from office, from other properties we manage)
Q: How do you screen tenants?
A: We screen tenants using the following methods:
- Credit screening
- Employment/Income verification
- Rental history verification
- Eviction History
- Criminal background check
Q: What types of properties do you manage?
A: We manage single-family homes, multi-family dwellings, apartment complexes, office space, and retail space.